
Today at 2:19, the call came in. We were sitting in my Dad and Martha's living room, having just finished a yummy turkey soup dinner. I can't quite seem to remember what we were talking about. Todd's phone rang and he hopped up to take the call. I watched him as his whole demeanor changed. I couldn't put my finger on it, but everything about his response to whomever was on the line made it so I couldn't take my eyes off him. His complexion changed, his voice softened, and his eyes dare I say had a watery glow to them. As soon as he said, "Can I put you on speaker phone?" I knew who it was. It was our adoption agency. We had been selected by a birth mom!!
We hope to meet with her and her mother later this week. We will keep you posted on how that goes!
Here is what we know...Our (I love saying that) birth mom is a young 17 0r 18 year old young lady. She lives in the Denver area. It sounds as though she has the support of her mother, who has attended all of the counseling sessions with her. After looking through a stack of profiles, she selected Todd and I as her number one choice. She is 6 months pregnant and will deliver a baby boy in late February. Our baby boy!
We hope to meet with her and her mother later this week. We will keep you posted on how that goes!What a wonderful day!!

3 comments:
Amazing. Can't wait to share your joy~
this is really a great way to keep current...I thought I was "with-it", but this blog stuff is a bit weird...so glad we were there when you got the news...love you guys
I'm so excited and happy for you both. You are going to be great parents! Let me know if I can help with a baby shower or just do one for you! I love you both soooo much! Angie Strother
Post a Comment